Samsung TVs have a built-in test picture and built-in test patterns to help service technicians
troubleshoot video issues and pinpoint problems. There is also a T-Con jig available to help you
test TV Power and T-CON TEST PATTERNS without the Main Board.
Using the Picture Test in the TV menu
- Disconnect all video connections to the TV.
- Go to Menu>Support>Self Diagnosis>Picture Test.
- If you see a proper picture, as shown below, the problem is caused by either:
• The cable connection
• The source (the A/V device connected to the TV)
Using the Built-in Test Patterns to Isolate the Problem to the Main Board, T-Con, Logic Board, or
• Main Board Test Pattern: Press [Mute] + 147 + [Mute]
• T-Con/Logic Test Pattern: Press [Mute] + 369 + [Mute]
Test Results and Repair Guide Table
Using the T-Con Jig (Part Number SPC-2011)
The T-CON Test Jig is available for 2011 thru 2013 LCD/LED models to help you test TV Power and T-CON TEST PATTERNS without the Main Board.
The jig works with 2011, 2012, and 2013 TVs, 32 inches and larger. Do not use on models that are not supported. You can damage the TV.
The Test Jig comes with a set of LVDS cables for all supported models to help you troubleshoot LVDS related issues.
Use the on-screen symptom guides below to determine which part(s) to replace.
Common LED Symptoms