The F8000 Series LED TVs let you verify that all LED arrays are operating properly by running a built in test pattern called Local Dimming Test.
• This test will light up the 16 LED arrays individually, starting on the right bottom corner as shown in the graphic below.
• You can access the test pattern using a standard remote control by pressing MUTE+4+1+9+EXIT.
• When you run the test pattern, if one of the sections appears to be dim or does not light, verify the voltages coming from the power supply are correct BEFORE replacing the panel.
• To verify correct SMPS operation:
- Disconnect the SMPS from the Main PCB to force the backlights to come on.
- Verify that ALL the pins on the harnesses going to the panel labeled with a “negative” sign (L3-, R5-, L8- etc…) are close to 0Vdc.
- If any of those voltages are high, suspect a defective SMPS.
- In some cases, it may be necessary to unload the SPMS by disconnecting the harnesses going to the panel.
- This condition should also make ALL the pins on the harnesses going to the panel labeled with a “negative” sign (L3-, R5-, L8- etc…) close to 0Vdc.
Once again, if any of those voltages are high, suspect a defective SMPS.